Monday 23 February 2009

That was a pleasant surprise!

I'd already got an advance ticket to see 'Confessions of a Shopaholic' as I'd been buying a theatre ticket last week at the same establishment. But then this week-end all the reviews of the film I read and heard were unanimous in dismissing the film not only as unfunny but hopelessly timed in the light of the financial world going arse-over-tip in the last few months and reckless and profligate spending is now considered sooooo irresponsible. But having got the ticket I thought I might as well go and maybe leave before the end. But it turned out to be really enjoyable. If maybe not quite laugh-out-loud it certainly raised a good number of chuckles in its fast-paced action. All fairly predictable undemanding stuff, of course, but still well worth a visit. And I didn't look at my watch once - a tonic!

No comments:

Post a Comment